Russell M. Middleton
01786 849186 ~ russcelt1 AT russcelt.eu
- Information Technology / Microcomputer Support / Website management.
- Associate Degree (2 year, best 1%) and experience in Desktop Support. Website designer/manager and volunteer guide for the Church of the Holy Rude, Stirling, Scotland. Presenter for MacFarlane's Company an all-volunteer Living History Troupe based in Toledo, Ohio. Member Alba Re-enactment & Clan Heritage Trust, Alloa, Scotland. Student Member - British Computer Society (BCS). Member IWA/HWG since 2002. Assembled a Heathkit H8 PC in 1983. Studied FORTRAN on a punch card fed mainframe in 1974.
- Bachelor of Science in Computing Science granted 15 March 2007
- University of Stirling
- A. S. in Business: Microcomputer Support Specialist (Highest Distinction) December 2002
- Lansing Community College -- Lansing, Michigan
- Communications Officer for LCC branch of International Honour Society ΦΘΚ
- LAN systems, Linux, Web management, Accounting, Data Communications.
- Web pages designed with graphics, sound, and accessibility factors in mind.
- Computer Skills:
- Hardware: IBM pc clones
- OS: Windows 3.x/9.x/2000/ME/XP, Linux/UNIX, DOS
- Software: Microsoft Office, OpenOffice, Quattro Pro, Lotus 123 (dos)
- Languages: HTML, Visual Basic, BASIC, FORTRAN
- Work History:
- Tech Support, part-time -- Lansing Community College, Lansing, Michigan, Jan – Jul 2003
- Truck Driver -- ATMOSPHERE ANNEALING -- Lansing, MI 1994 – 2001
- Using first Quattro Pro, then migrating to Excel, developed a method of capturing information from a shipping database, then merged the data into a spreadsheet and generated reports and charts showing customer turn-around time, to meet ISO 9001 requirements.
- Received Certificate of Appreciation for participating on the Y2K team.
- Truck Driver – Progressive Heat Treating, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 1978 -- 1994
- Lansing Community College, Lansing, Michigan – ‘summa cum laude’ (best 1%)
United States Air Force Good Conduct Medal
- References are available on request.
Updated: 10 June 2007.